Forward-thinking, honest and calculated advice on how to maximise returns
Farming operations are constantly changing and evolving and the team at Barbers Rural have a fundamental understanding of the most effective way to finance development and expansion along with everyday working capital. We regularly work with high street banks and other commercial and residential lenders willing to finance agriculturally-focused projects.
The Agricultural Mortgage Corporation (AMC) is the UK’s largest lender of long-term finance to farmers and has more than 85 years' experience lending to the agricultural sector. They understand the challenges and opportunities impacting you and the whole agricultural sector.
As Agents for AMC, Barbers Rural has access to borrowing at highly competitive rates designed specifically for the farming community. Some of the key advantages and benefits of borrowing from AMC include:
- Competitive mortgage rates - no early repayment charges for variable rate loans
- Long-Term Lending – for a period of up to 30 years including 'interest-only' terms
- Non-Reviewable – interest rate margins are applicable throughout the term of the loan; once the deal is done, the rules don’t change
- Long-Term Fixed Rate – unlike the competition, AMC will offer fixed rate terms up to 30 years on either repayment or interest-only basis
- Finance can be secured against land as well as property to help you increase the capital raised
- Loans and mortgage arrangements can be transferred to the next generation
It doesn't matter whether you are a sole trader, partnership, limited company or trust - provided you are an agricultural, horticultural, equine or other commercial land-based business you can access competitive funding from AMC.
In short – our experienced team are fully equipped to help finance nearly everything you need to make your business successful whether it be additional land, additional stock, new equipment or buildings, diversification, business restructure or working capital support.