Buildings at Rodway Farm, Nr Telford
Situated in the heart of the beautiful North Shropshire countryside, the hamlet of Rodway is found to the north of the thriving town of Telford. Telford and adjoining Wellington offer a wide variety of business, social and leisure facilities as well as a range of private and state schools.
The busy town of Newport has a generous selection of interesting, independent shops and boutiques along with coffee shops and brasseries. Newport is home to a wealth of prestigious educational facilities including Adams’ Grammar and Newport Girls High school and the renowned Harper Adams University.
The property is exceptionally well placed for commuter routes being only three miles from the A442 which leads to the M54 motorway and on to the M6. Stafford mainline train station is within half an hour’s drive.
· Traditional farm buildings with full planning permission for residential conversion
· Extensive proposed living space in excess of 4200 sq ft Gross Internal Area
· Substantial garden space to each unit
· Stunning rural location with far-reaching views towards The Wrekin
· Site as a whole totals 1 Acre approximately
The area surrounding Rodway is known as the Weald Moors and until the 19th Century the land lay under water for the majority of the year. Drainage works on the moors in the late 1800’s allowed occupation of the area and Rodway Manor Farm is believed to date back to this period with the farmhouse and traditional buildings dating from the late 1890’s.
The farm buildings at Rodway Farm formed an integral part of the seller’s farming enterprises until their recent retirement and the farm buildings are now offered for sale being superfluous to requirements.
Residential planning permission was granted in April 2019 (Ref TWC/2018/0850) for conversion of the traditional farm buildings into four dwellings.
The buildings are single-storey and of brick construction beneath a part-slate and part-tile roof and are particularly attractive due to the number of interesting architectural features. A large proportion of the buildings are of timber construction and have timber boarding which has been reflected in the architects proposals. Immense care has been taken in the plans to preserve the integrity of the buildings whilst allowing for the requirements of modern day living. Each unit has a large number of window and door openings along with rooflights and this will ensure that the completed properties are flooded with light and will allow stunning views over the attractive surrounding countryside. Furthermore the conversions are all single storey with vaulted ceilings thereby allowing a more spacious feel to the properties.
The permission provides for four three-bedroom properties ranging from 798 sq ft internally to 1300 sq ft. Unit 1 is a detached unit formed in the oldest of the farm buildings at the western side of the site with the three other units formed in a ‘U’ shaped building which was originally utilised as cattle sheds.
Each property will have the benefit of a private garden and individual parking spaces with unit 1 having a garage.
The site as a whole extends to approximately one acre and includes a number of more modern farm buildings which the buyer will be required to remove in order to abide by the planning permission.
Conditions of Purchase
1. Fencing The buyer will be required to erect a close-board fence between points A and B on the attached plan to provide privacy for the farmhouse.
2. Development Clawback The site is sold subject to a clawback stipulating that if planning permission is granted for any further residential units on the site within 15 years of completion of the sale then the current vendors or their heirs will be entitled to 25% of the increase in value.
3. Water There is currently no mains water connection to the site. The buyer will need to source and connect to a mains water supply. In addition they will be required to provide a supply to Rodway Manor Farmhouse.
For further information please download the attachments shown above or alternatively call the office on 01630 692500.
|Buildings at Rodway Manor Farm sales details LR.pdf (811.66 KB)|
|SB022 - P003 REV B - Proposed Site Plan.pdf (329.42 KB)|
|SB022 - P005 REV A - Proposed Elevations Unit 1.pdf (387.02 KB)|
|SB022 - P006 - Unit 1 Proposed Garage.pdf (1.89 MB)|
|SB022 - P015 REV B - Proposed Landscape Plan.pdf (1.31 MB)|
|Proposed Floor Plans Units 2,3,4.pdf (400.91 KB)|
|Proposed Elevations Units 2,3,4.pdf (434.6 KB)|
|Rodway Manor Farm buildings site plan.pdf (205.68 KB)|